HelpAge Canada supports older Canadians from coast to coast to coast, particularly those who face social and economic barriers. All Canadians deserve to age with dignity.
Social isolation and loneliness affect more than one million older Canadians, especially those with limited means. Loneliness and isolation can result in serious social, mental and physical health challenges, as well as in a significantly reduced quality of life for older persons and their caregivers.
We help in four key areas:
Through these programs, we support low income or marginalized older Canadians with:
- Access to technology
- Delivering digital skill building programs
- Enabling local recreation and support programs through grants
- Providing accessibility and communication equipment
- Accessing support services
- Researching, promoting and supporting the development of age-friendly transportation
- Emergency relief funding