Seniors Can! Grant Applications are now CLOSED
We are reviewing all applications and will be
in touch with applicants within 60 days.
Seniors Can! (Aînés Debout!) is an initiative of HelpAge Canada designed to help low-income seniors across Canada avoid isolation and loneliness and to engage more fully with their communities.
Through the generous support of the Founding Program Partner, HelpAge Canada offers three grants:
- Well-Being Grants of up to $10,000 per organization are available to provide one or more low-income seniors with mobility and communication enhancing equipment or devices, dental care, and/or for social services or supports such as transportation, delivered meals, or senior center memberships.
- Innovative Programming Grants of up to $10,000 are available for an organization to deliver innovative social programming for seniors.
- Emergency Relief Grants of up to $10,000 are available for an organization and may be applied for repeatedly in extraordinary circumstances.
→ Please read the Seniors Can! Program Description (PDF).
We operate an annual granting cycle with application deadlines March 31st. We accept applications at any time, and grants are awarded within 60 days of the application closing date.
We value the relationships that we establish with our local community partners through the Seniors Can! grants. Although we wish we could approve all applications received, we assess applications according to where the need is greatest. Factors that we consider when awarding grants include if the population being supported are low-income or high-need individuals, if the community is in a underserved area, if there is financial need for a community, and an organization’s ability to address a breadth of needs faced by seniors.
We do not provide funding for capital improvements.
Grants can only be awarded to charitable organizations or other qualified donees as defined by CRA.
Thank you for the work that you do and for your interest in Seniors Can!
If you have questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seniors Can! Grant Applications
We are not accepting new applications at this time. Please check back in early 2023.
We are currently reviewing all grant applications that were submitted by the March 31st 2022 deadline. We will be in touch with applicants within 60 days.
All organizations that receive a Seniors Can! grant must complete the reporting form below prior to our next granting cycle. If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.
- All questions with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- After 20 minutes of inactivity on an application the page will time-out and any information entered during this session will be lost and you will have to start over.