Seniors Can! (Aînés Debout!) is an initiative of HelpAge Canada designed to help low-income seniors across Canada avoid isolation and loneliness and to engage more fully with their communities.
Through the generous support of the Founding Program Partner, HelpAge Canada offers four grants:
- Grant A: Accessibility Grants of up to $2,000 are provided for an individual senior to cover the costs of mobility and communication enhancing equipment.*
- Grant B: Well-Being Grants of up to $2,000 are available to support the overall well-being of an individual senior and may be applied to cover the costs of memberships and transportation for social programs or social services, amongst other things.*
- Grant C: Innovative Programming Grants of up to $5,000 are available for an organization to deliver innovative social programming for seniors.
- Grant D: Emergency Relief Grants of up to $5,000 are available for an organization and may be applied for repeatedly in extraordinary circumstances. Applications will be considered to support access to medications, food, hygiene products, personal care, social supports, and other provisions and services for either seniors directly or in some instances, an organization’s employees or volunteers.
→ Please read the Seniors Can! Program Description (PDF).
* Applications for grants for individual seniors must be submitted by an organization on behalf of the intended recipient.
Seniors Can Connect! (Aînés Debout Connexion!) is a new digital literacy focused tablet program. Delivered in partnership with Connected Canadians, and supported by our Founding Program Partner.
→ Learn more about this program at the Seniors Can Connect website.
We operate a bi-annual granting cycle with application deadlines September 30th and March 31st each year. We accept applications at any time, and grants are awarded within 30 days of the application closing date.
We value the relationships that we establish with our local community partners through the Seniors Can! grants. Although we wish we could approve all applications received, we assess applications according to where the need is greatest. Factors that we consider when awarding grants include if the population being supported are low-income or high-need individuals, if there is financial need for a community, and an organization’s ability to address a breadth of needs faced by seniors.
Grants can only be awarded to charitable organizations or other qualified donees as defined by CRA.
Thank you for the work that you do and for your interest in Seniors Can!
If you have questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next Application Deadline -
March 31, 2021